Tuesday, February 10, 2009

This an That

Dylan sings
“Scooby dooby doo, where are you? I have some water for you now”
Too funny.
He woke up at 4 am this morning and didn’t go back to sleep til 5:30. He and Dalton are sleeping in Dylan’s room now. They wanted both of their beds in Dyl’s room so both beds are smooshed together in his room. This morning I went in to check on them and they were both in Dylan’s bed laughing and talking. It really warmed my heart. And trust me even though I was up holding Dylan from 4-5:30 and lost valuable sleep I enjoyed getting to cuddle with him. It was all I could do to stay serious and not laugh when he would say “Open your eyes mommy, wake up” and ask for his truck and to watch cartoons. He was quite talkative.

Friday we took Dalton to the doctor for ANOTHER ear infection. His left tube came out and since then, it’s been one after another. We will be setting up an appt. with the ENT soon. I am about to be able to sympathize with you all over again, Jennifer and Russ. Then my parents watched the boys while we went to dinner at Logan’s. They had a line standing outside waiting, but when we walked in and told them party of 2 they seated us right away. I guess there just aren’t that many parties of two. We spent 50 on dinner then went to Marble Slab Creamery and ate our ice cream outside in the cool night air. (We didn’t want to eat in the new Yukon) We spent way too much, but it’s nice to go out just the two of us. We really do still like each other a lot. My in-laws gave us a gift card for Outback and with the gift card comes a night of babysitting…we couldn’t use that yet because she did just have surgery and she is busy as a bee planning our Valentine’s banquet.

Our Valentine’s banquet at church is this Saturday. It’s always a hoot. It will be like Hee Haw. I loved that show. My mother in law plans the entire thing. She puts together all the skits and arranges all the costumes and props. She is extremely talented at putting on shows. The members are bringing chili and fixins as well as brownies. I’m also going to make cornbread. Dalton and I will be doing lots of cooking Saturday. He’ll love it.

Michael cut our grass Saturday and we had a bonfire for the brush that the boys picked up. It was fun.
Sunday and last night we ate dinner at my parents. My mom made baked beans, baked potatoes, salad, and corn on the cob (Dylan’s fav) last night and my daddy grilled hotdogs and burgers. It was so yummy. My mama’s baked beans are the BEST in the world. Michael requested “A LOT” for his dinner tonight. It’s nice to go visit and not to have to cook. The boys are entertained much easier when there are 3 of us to do it.

We are out of school Monday for Presidents Day. I hope the weather is still nice. I love being outside with the boys. We played out all weekend. I love my job, but I especially love the breaks to spend time with my family. The boys have a Valentine’s party on Thursday and they get to bring their favorite book on Friday. Today was wear red day. They are learning the letter “R”.

Our Sunday school lesson this week is on praying God’s will. It’s hard when we realize God’s will may not be exactly what we have in mind. As you pray, please remember Ella and her family. Also if you go to the links on her website you can see updates on Hannah Grace Harrison. She is in urgent need of prayer! Just pray for a cure for pediatric cancer. No child should have to endure this pain and neither should their parents.

Nikki, I hope you and David are feeling better! My cousin Nick and his wife Sinda are having a baby boy. They are naming him Kemper Lee after her grandfather and Nick’s dad. Too sweet, congrats yall!!

1 comment:

David and Nikki said...

Thanks Ash! We are starting to feel better!