Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy Fourth!

Our family created great memories of the Fourth. We used to always go to my PawPaw's (Daddy's Dad's) with all of my Dad's brothers and their families. There was tons of food, it was always blazing hot, sugar cane, four wheelers, lemonade, and fireworks. I really enjoyed getting together with my cousins. I miss those days. I miss PawPaw and Maggie. We all got together at Uncle Ben's in October and that was great. We got to see our children do the things that we used to do. We are all grown and it made me realize that I want my kids to have those great memories too.
We always gathered at my Grandadaddy's(Mama's Daddy's) in May (birthday party) and Christmas. May parents did their best to instill great family values in us. I think they did a pretty good job. I do love my family, as well as my extended family.
Oh Leigh Ann is running a 10K today....that's 6 miles. Bless her heart. Good Luck Lee Lee (DeeDee as Dylan says). She thinks she broke two toes, they are very bruised....pray that they don't bother her too much and she can run the whole way!
Thanks to all the people who served our country so we can enjoy all the freedoms we have! This includes my sweet husband!

No comments: