Friday, January 30, 2009

Sweet Dalton!

MOTHERS

Real Mothers don't eat quiche;
they don't have time to make it.

Real Mothers know that their kitchen utensils
are probably in the sandbox.

Real Mothers often have sticky floors,
filthy ovens and happy kids.

Real Mothers know that dried play dough
doesn't come out of carpets.

Real Mothers don't want to know what
the vacuum just sucked up.

Real Mothers sometimes ask 'Why me?'
and get their answer when a little
voice says, 'Because I love you best.'


Thanks Jennifer for this sweet email…it is soooo true.


So last night was a good night. My mother and father in law stopped by and brought the boys some cake and dinosaurs. The boys were playing Kung Fu Panda on the Wii. We really enjoyed the visit but I ate some of the cake with icing. It was so good. Dylan kept saying “tank you nana, tank you nana” so sweet. Then my parents wanted us to go to dinner at Oskars. Really we just wanted to go for a ride in the car so we went to Oskars. Last time we went to Oskars Dalton threw up while we were there. Our waiter that night was Nic. Guess who our waiter was this time??? Poor Nic. When he walked in the room and saw us, I’m surprised he didn’t walk back out. I said Oh I bet you hate that we’re your table tonight and he said NO….but he pointed to the place we sat last time. He remembered too… It was funny. We ate and left with no incident. I was joyous as I was paying and then in the background I heard a loud crash. Low and behold I turn around and Dalton is standing by a table on its end. The table was the ONLY one with anything on it and it was the table that they were wrapping silverware on. There were forks and knives everywhere. At first I was shocked and told Dalton to help pick everything up. Then I looked around and my dad was walking out with him. When I got everything picked up I walked out and Dalt was just sobbing. He was so embarrassed and I was laughing about it as well as everyone else. I was amazed that he found the table that had the most stuff on it to knock over. I felt so bad for him. He was just pitiful. He just cried and cried. I comforted him but it was just so sad. I had no idea that he would be so upset. He is so tenderhearted. My sweet boy. We got home, played the wii, took baths, then Michael came home early. He was home by 8:40 instead of 10. Dylan said “I so sited to see you daddy” The boys were ecstatic so they didn’t get in bed til 9:30. Dylan got up at 4:30 he laid in his bed and talked and kicked the wall. Dalt was up at 5:30. I was angry that I wasn’t going to get any rest, but then I realized it’s just a little more time to see their sweet little faces. Dalton wanted to start playing the Wii. That was out of the question they watched cartoons instead while I got ready. Today they’re home with their Daddy. It should be a nice day.

No comments: