Friday, January 9, 2009

A Good Day

Yesterday was a good day. I was off for Muffins With Mom with Dalton's class. It started at 9 and ended at 9:30 but I took the whole day so I wouldn't have to just get a sub for half a day. I went to eat a muffin, ran some errands and picked them up at 10:45. We got home, played outside, ate lunch and played the Wii then took a nap. After our nap they wanted to eat and play the Wii some more. I made them play tinkertoys with me instead of the Wii. We played that for a while then got baths ate dinner, played the Wii, watched an Arthur movie then read books and ate popcorn. Book reading takes about an hour. It was a great way to end the perfect day. Dalton got a Good Note at school. His teacher said he has really improved. He keeps his hands to himself and sits quietly much better than he used to. It was wonderful to hear a good report. I can tell a difference in his behavior at home too. After Christmas he has really improved. He is 5 now I guess that's it. It really is due to a lot of prayer. Speaking of him being 5...I didn't update on his b-day. We took him out to dinner, we left Dyl with my parents for a little while. He wanted to go to McDonalds, but we talked him into Oskars. We ate dinner and he got a dessert. He had a great time. He is such a big boy. I can't believe that he's 5. Too big.

My love dare today is to ask Michael to tell me three things that really bother him about me. I have to ask him without attacking him or defending myself. I've done this before and he never says anything. We've been married almost 8 years now though so surely there is something!! This was actually my dare for yesterday, but I still haven't done it. I was asleep when he got home last night and he played with the boys all afternoon yesterday so I never got around to it.

Last night was church. They had a Christmas party and had hot chocolate and cupcakes. It was good and way over my calorie limit. Dalton did great in class. He is growing up. Dylan bit Nana on the knee. He is not a biter, Dalton was. But Dylan hasn't picked up that habit. She told him it was a no no and he said he wouldn't do it again. Yesterday at home he had no accidents. He slept all night with a pullup but it wasn't wet and he took a nap without wetting. He is doing great! I'm so excited. His favorite Christmas songs were Grandma got runover by a reindeer, Frosty and Jingle Bells, Batman smells, Grandma got a gun, shot me in the unnerwear and boy I had to run. He asks to hear that one on the radio, I have to explain that it's not on the radio. Dalton taught him all those songs. Michael taught Dalton. The things they learn from their Dads. Too Funny.

My cousin's son Cole (8months old) has to have tubes on Tuesday. Please pray that it goes well and he doesn't wake up wanting a bottle. He has to be without food or drink after Midnight on Monday. They will try to get him in first that morning, but they may not be able to. Dalton had tubes and it was quick and easy, but it's always scary to send your baby off for any surgery.

Y'all have a great day! Remember that our life is greatly affected by our attitude. I had to remember this from 3-5 this morning when Dalton kept waking up and singing trying to get in bed with us and singing and singing and singing. He is quite the loud singer, I had to remind myself that I am grateful for that because some parents wish they had a child to sing at 3 in the morning. Something to ponder....

1 comment:

Jennifer Stephens said...

I was thinking about doing the Love Dare book but I would hate to ask Russell what I do that bugs him. He might have a list, ha!!!